Vitek and Covan charity fund

RIP - Vitek

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Flesh - Temple Of Whores

1. Temple Of Whores
2. Taste the Devil's Blood
3. Visions Of Damnation
4. Rotten Through The Skin
5. Baptised On The Demon's Throne
6. Grotesque Infection
7. Vultures
8. Spirits Reborn In Chaos
9. Invisible Darkness

Band: Flesh
Album: Temple Of Whores
Genre: Death Metal
Year: 2006
Label: Iron Fist
Official Website
Origin: Suécia (Sweden)

Line-Up
Peter Karlsson - vocals, guitar, bass
Flingan - Session drums


CLICK HERE

.....solo project of Pete Flesh.

What led to the decision to do this side project?
- Many different aspects led me, but of course mainly my lust and desire for this kind of metal. A place where I can put all my atmosphere and energy to morbidity. The idea for this album is something that has grown bigger through many years, this is nothing that just popped-up some months before I recorded it. Even if I had this idea some time before, I usually say that the start that really got me going and working was when Chuck [Schuldiner] died, I can´t even put in words how much that person meant to me-- like to many others. Not just when it comes to the music, he was a living proof of that if you had a vision, even if no one else believed in it and on the way you get some enemies, you should follow it to a hundred percent. This is something I always tried to do, but when you play in a band you for example must compromise on many different things, like how you want a song to be. In FLESH I can do whatever I want. I don´t just see FLESH like a project where I can put ideas for old school sounding Death and Black Metal, it´s much more for me. If I want to put in an idea that in general has nothing to do with this genre, I do it. This way it also gets more personal. In the end it´s all about the atmosphere you create and if you deliver your visions in an honest way.


Why do you call both the band and yourself "Flesh"?
- I started to call myself Pete Flesh the same day I heard Chuck was dead. I was drinking beer and listening through all the DEATH albums and when one of my fave tracks from his last album came--- "Flesh and the Power it Holds"-- it just popped-up in my head, "Pete Flesh." So, the "Flesh" part of my name is a tribute to him. Then to call this project FLESH was just something that came naturally.

[source]

No comments:

 

| HOME | COMMENTS | CHAT ROOM | E-MAIL | MY PROFILE | SPLITS | TRIBUTES | V.A. | VIDEOS | WALLPAPERS | TOP OF THE PAGE |

© Beyond The Nothingness 2006-2007